Workplace Violence Legislation Compliance Assessment
WPV RISK ASSESSMENT APP™
According to the law in many jurisdictions, companies are required to do a complete yearly review of potential risks of workplace violence and safety. The WPV Reporting Assessment App™ satisfies the yearly legislation requirements and provides you with a detailed assessment of your organization in an easy cost-effective way.
How the Instrument Works
The WPV provides management with the organization’s overall Workplace Violence (“WPV”) risk profile. The instrument is designed to:
- Determine the prevalence of current incidents and the risk of workplace violence;
- Assist in compliance with the jurisdiction’s legislation that governs the organization;
- Identify areas of highest risk within the organization;
- Assists in prioritizing changes and interventions;
- Help the organization determine the best place to put resources for greatest impact at most efficient cost; and
- Provide a baseline from which to track the organization’s violence risk profile.
Why a Pyramid?
A pyramid has no opposites, where each side effects the other. A pyramid provides a strong foundation to build a solid structure. Each element interacts and supports the other sides. That means that a weak area can undermine the entire organization. By measuring and exploring each element of the pyramid, you can understand and identify potential issues relating to violence and bullying behavior that may exist within your organization.
The four triangles that make up the pyramid are:
- Process and Procedures
- The Workplace
The tetrahedron is formed of 4 triangles. The four triangles together form a pyramid structure. The idea is that a solid, safe workplace performance is built on a solid structure. The four triangles which form workplace violence are:
The report uses 3 colors to assess each area of the triangle .
Management will receive a detailed report on the findings of the instrument. After they receive the report they will receive a free consultation with their internal consultant. The consultant will review the report with management and answer any questions about the report’s findings and recommended actions.